Kathy Melchers - Administrator, Pre-Algebra and Art Teacher
- Happily married to Joseph Melchers for 33 years.
- Six children – five boys and one girl ages 30-17 (five of whom have attended Clemson University after taking classes at the MHSRC), two daughters in-law and one beautiful granddaughter.
- Home educator for 25 years.
- Member of Lexington Presbyterian Church.
- BA degree in General Business from Georgia Southern University.
- Midlands Home School Resource Center Board of Directors 2003-Present.
- Midlands Home School Resource Center Director 2009-Present.
- Pre-Algebra teacher at MHSRC for years 2013-to present
- Art teacher at MHSCR 2017-present
Carol Tripp - Spanish Teacher
- Trippcook@AOL.com Master of Arts, University of SC, Linguistics (concentration in 2nd Language Acquisition)
- TESOL Certificate (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), University of SC
- Bachelor of Arts, University of SC, French (major) & Spanish (minor)
- English as a 2nd Language Instructor, Richland 1 Adult Education (2017-present)
- Spanish Instructor, USC (2015)
- Instructor, English Program for Internationals, USC (2014)
- Spanish I-IV, French I-III, Introduction to Linguistics & Conversational Spanish, MHSRC (since 2003)
- Foreign Language Instructor at various private schools in Columbia (1982-2012)
- Developed and implemented after-school foreign language program for Leaphart Elementary School, Columbia (mid 1980’s)
Mrs. Tripp and her husband have been married for 36 years. They have 3 adult children (whom they homeschooled for 9 years) and 2 grandchildren.
Page Fletcher - Middle School Teacher
- B.A. degree from Converse College Double Major - Elementary and Early Childhood Education
- 6 hours of German at the Goethe Institute in Rothenberg, Germany
- 3 hours graduate work in Gifted and Talented Education
- Teacher certifications from South Carolina and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- 2 years directing a tutorial program - Spartanburg, SC
- 4 years teaching Gifted and Talented Education at Edgewood Middle School in Ninety-Six, SC
- 4 years teaching at Richard Winn Academy
- Founder, administrator, curriculum coordinator, and teacher of Christian Liberty Classical School in Winnsboro, SC
- 1999-2003 Trained to teach writing using the Institute for Excellence in Writing
- Attended the 1999 Association of Classical and Christian Schools National Conference
- Attended the 2003 Logos School Summer Teacher Training: Secondary Track Summer
- 2003 – 2011 Home schooled two daughters
- 2004 – Present Taught a variety of classes at MHSRC
- Married - 2 children, one grandchild
"Not only is teaching homeschoolers at the Midlands Home School Resource Center my calling, it is my passion and joy as I am blessed to share my gifts with such amazing people."
Sarah Melchers - English Teacher
- Clemson University Graduate School. Phi Kappa Phi, Summa cum Laude Clemson, SC
- Master of Arts in English 2015 - Early American Literature, 4.0 GPA
- Clemson University. Phi Beta Kappa, Summa cum Laude Clemson, SC
- Bachelor of Arts in English 2012 - Major: English, 3.93 GPA ~ Minor: Creative Writing: 4.0 GPA
- Home Schooled K-12 - Attended MHSRC from 2003-2008
Achievements and Societies
- AMSA Golden Apple Award (2016) – MUSC First Year Student Body Award for Teaching Excellence
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society (2015)
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society (2012)
- Winner of Clemson University’s Phi Beta Kappa’s 2012 Roger B. Rollin Essay Award
- 2015-Present Medical University of South Carolina, Basic Sciences Curriculum Coordinator I , Charleston, SC
- 2015-Present KLMC Marketing, Professional Content/Copy Writer & Social Media Coordinator, Atlanta, GA
- 2014-2016 Lily Bishop Novels, Professional Editing, Freelance , Charleston, SC
- 2013-2015 Clemson University English Department, College-level Lecturer Clemson, SC
- - Taught four sections of Accelerated Composition with a focus on multimodal communication and rhetoric
- - Graduate Instructor for Dr. Jonathan Beecher Field (co-taught sophomore level literature and composition course)
- 2014-2015 Clemson University Board of Trustees, Research Assistant, Clemson, SC
- 2012-2013 Northside Christian Academy, Lexington, SC
- - Middle and High School English & Language Arts Teacher
Kristie Freeman - High School Math Teacher
- Happily married to Jay Freeman for 21 years.
- Homeschools two children who both take classes at MHSRC.
- Member of Lexington Presbyterian Church.
- BS Degree in Mathematics Teaching from Clemson University (1994).
- Taught high school math at LE High and Fort Mill High for 5 years before having children.
- Has tutored and taught math classes in a home setting for 10+ years.
Katherine Schilling - Science Teacher
- B.S. degree from Charleston Southern University 1982, Major: Chemistry, Minor: Biology
- 1.5 years – National Marine Fisheries Service – Lab Technician
- 15 years – Analytical Chemist for DHEC
- Extra course work: gas chromatography, spectral analysis, mass spectroscopy, pesticide & PCB analysis, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid, Precepts Bible courses
- Mrs. Schilling has been teaching since 2001 and has been with the MHSRC since its inception.
- Courses taught:
- Math: Pre-algebra, Algebra I & II, SAT Math Prep
- Science: General Science, Earth Science, Physical Science, Biology I & II, Introductory Chemistry, Chemistry I & II, Physics
- Married - 3 children, Home schooling - 10 years
- Christian, member of Lexington Baptist Church
Please keep your e-mail addresses and telephone numbers current with the MHSRC administrator and your student’s instructors.
Email will be our primary method of communication with parents and students. Please make it a habit to check your e-mail often for important notices or updates from the administrator or the instructors.